Job - Programme Engineering Manager (Training Solutions)
Location – Harlow or Gloucester
Reporting to the Head of Engineering for Training, the Programme Engineering Manager (PEM) will be responsible for the engineering management and delivery of our training solutions business. Leading the engineering team through the bid and proposal stage through to service delivery, you can expect to be supporting multiple programmes and bids simultaneously.
- Developing a strong technical capability within Raytheon, working closely with the Training Specialists, Solutions Architects and relevant Design Authorities to define the resources to develop class-leading, high integrity solutions.
- Generation of the Engineering development plan and then execute against Raytheon’s standards and aligned to the overall Programme’s needs from early bid phase through delivery start up and ongoing service delivery.
- Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators for the work to be performed, working collaboratively with the Programme Manager, Training Solutions Architect, and rest of the Programme Team.
- Management of various engineering functions including resource planning, performance management, goal setting, appraisals, and project specific training needs.
- Supporting the Programme Manager in ensuring programme adherence to schedule and budget, utilising Earned Value techniques where applicable.
- Risk Management for all Engineering deliverables, including effective mitigations and monitoring to reduction of risk or closure.
- Ensure all phases of the engineering lifecycle are subject to Peer Reviews and Gate Reviews in accordance with the development plan and that problems and issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure all documentation, specifications and deliverables are managed via a configuration management plan and that correct Design Certifications are achieved.
- External technical point of contact and liaison for key customer organisations.
- Technical/engineering management of programme’s contractors & sub-contractors.
- Supporting Business Development in their roles of securing new business and setting strategy for the business.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience over a range of engineering programmes, preferably in the Defence and / or Technical Training sector.
- Proven expertise in managing delivery of complex development programmes and the application of innovative approaches to meet challenging programme needs.
- Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes.
- Experience and knowledge of managing and motivating a group of engineers with varying and diverse skill sets.
- Good problem solving skills, developing technical solutions with a high degree of ingenuity and creativity, using processes and teaming from a varied “tool box”.
- Can operate on day to day issues without losing sight of the longer-term “big” picture.
- Effective communicator internally and externally at all levels, and represents the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
- Resourceful and resilient in achieving the commitments of the Engineering function.
- BEng or BSc in Engineering or other related technical qualification
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.