Arup are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Arup are currently looking for Civil Engineering Technician (AECOsim) to join the team in London
The Civil Engineering team in London provide engineering services on projects within London and Internationally, ranging from high quality public realm supporting office developments to large scale infrastructure projects and Citywide masterplans. Within this temporary role you will contribute to the design and preparation of deliverables associated with one of our key infrastructure projects in London.
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources. We partner with Arup to support contingent recruitment processes. On behalf of Arup, we are looking for a Civil Engineering Technician for a 12 month contract based in London
Civil Engineering Technician Duties:
You will be expected to contribute to engineering designs and prepare technical drawings, contribute to and draft reports and specifications on projects you'll be involved in.
Depending on the specific project needs, you will typically be expected to:
- Build good working relationships with the Civil Engineering team and those who we commonly work with within other Arup disciplines.
- Actively participate in technical discussions with team members.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your work, undertake checks and contribute to project technical reviews.
- Communicate confidently and be comfortable tailoring your approach to respond to the recipient's needs and achieve the required outcome.
Civil Engineering Technician Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge/experience of Projectwise CDE;
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge/experience of Bentley AECOsim 3d modelling and asset tagging;
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge/experience of Bentley MicroStation (both 2d and 3d solid shape modelling);
- Experience of underground utility / services coordination;
- Experience of working closely with others in a team environment;
- Experience of working on major multidisciplinary project(s);
- Confident and competent in coordinating and communicating with other disciplines and specialists.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience; and be able to work from our London office for a minimum of three days per week (once office capacity allows).
Diversity at Arup:
Arup's goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, Arup is committed to be a great place to work for everyone. Arup's aim is to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution.
It's imperative to know that Arup truly believe in providing opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances, and that Arup is genuinely committed to ensuring that they create an inclusive and diverse environment.
If you are interested in applying for this Civil Engineering Technician position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.