J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Health and Safety Advisor (Engineering) - London
Murphy are recruiting a Health and Safety Advisor in north London to work on Thames Water AMP7 waste and clean water civil engineering projects.
Thames Water AMP7 capital maintenance features repairs and build of new assets including water treatment plants, pump stations, sewers, pipeline, reservoirs and drainage.
THAMES WATER AMP7
* Thames Water AMP7 is a 4-year long framework (plus a possible 5 year extension into AMP8)
* Murphy is a Primary Contractor in Lot 5 North London Infrastructure, value £200m
* The framework will consist of the delivery of ECI, detailed design, build, commissioning and handover of water and wastewater infrastructure schemes
* Include individual projects up to £30m (majority will be less than £15m with average value of £5 - 7m)
* Design Partner in place
* Featuring repairs and build of new assets including water treatment plants, pump stations, sewers, pipeline, reservoirs and drainage.
WHY JOIN MURPHY
Murphy is all about people...around 3,500 of them in fact! We deliver essential infrastructure projects in the UK, Canada and Ireland that help peoples' lives and local economies to thrive. From wastewater plants to power cables, from residential developments to rail projects...plus much, much more...what we do keeps the country running!
Our Water Business is operating nationally providing world-class infrastructure solutions to Thames water, United Utilities, Severn Trent, HS2, Bristol Water, South East Water, Wessex Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water. The Water Business has an annual turnover of c. £120 million.
* Previous experience within a SHES role.
* Experience in civil engineering/construction preferably utilities.
* SHES Membership ie IOSH, IEMA or CQI.
* MS package knowledge.
* Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001, 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards
* competitive salary
* car or car allowance
* 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate pension
* 2x charity days/giving back days
* Life assurance
* Other Murphy benefits include: include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.