At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important - look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
Are you looking for a change and want to take up an exciting opportunity to join our growing and dynamic Water Team as we widen our skills to adapt to embrace the shift our industry is facing? Can you bring solid technical delivery ahead of programme and budget and do you have a thirst for knowledge with desire to challenge the normal by embracing digital platforms to shape the future of the design delivery?
The team’s offer to the market is unique as Arcadis provides Design and Consultancy services in combination with deep expertise in built assets. Our Water Team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are both diverse and technically demanding and we can provide global opportunities as we embrace cross-region collaboration.
We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such projects and are working closely with some of the UK’s most established and recognisable organisations, undertaking a wide array of projects to enhance the UK’s water environment. Working particularly with Regulated Water Clients, Local Authorities, as well as providing our expertise to our HS2 and Lower Thames Crossing projects.
Reporting to the Senior or Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for the project design output of their engineering discipline and client technical oversite to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis' services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and building networks within the industry.
There will be a number of projects that the Electrical Design Engineer will work on at any one time; this will involve disciplined self-management to ensure that all required outputs are achieved on time. You will work in a multi-disciplinary design team environment and communicate effectively with the other design disciplines to ensure an effective overall design output.
The overall responsibility is to ensure successful execution and completion of design outputs for a number of projects, meeting defined timescales, milestones, and quality standards whilst meeting commercial objectives. This will also involve managing relationship’s internal and external and embracing the Arcadis behavioural framework.
This role can also be a developmental role towards a Senior or Design Lead Engineer position.
• Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar e.g. Physics OR HNC / HND
• Chartered Engineer or commitment to working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status and a member of a professional body.
• Electrical Design or Project Engineering related experience ideally within the UK Water or Heavy Industry sectors.
• Detailed knowledge of engineering and in particular their engineering design discipline (i.e. electrical).
• Producing - SLD’s, Motor / Load / Instrumentation / Cable Schedules, Specifications for MCC’s / Transformers / Switchgear / Instrumentation / PLC Hardware etc., Electrical Calculations, Equipment layout and cable routing drawings, Design Risk Assessments.
• Experience with Supplier and Sub-contractor liaison and management, MCC’s, Motor starting and protection, Harmonics, Power Factor Correction, Amtech, DSEAR / ATEX, Industrial Communications Networks, PLC / SCADA / DCS systems, Functional acceptance testing, Functional Safety.
• Have a good understanding of the other engineering disciplines within the design team (i.e. process, mechanical, civil, structural and CAD).
• Have a general understanding of project commercial issues and constraints.
• Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures.
• Understand the importance of and execution of change management.
• Ability to plan and programme (particularly own work). Prioritise and allocate time according to priority.
• To work independently and as a team member.
• Assess and mitigate design and other project risks.
• Knowledge and experience of BIM led design and Autodesk suite of products.
• Experience within the regulated water and/or water environment sectors, covering water supply or wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure, reservoirs, canals, and rivers is desired
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.