Senior Environmental Advisor - Leeds
Would you like to support the growth of Environmental Services and have passion for sustainable environmental management?
If so, you could be the right person my client is looking for as you will be responsible for technical delivery of Environmental Services in Leeds.
My client has a particular focus on water-related projects, including fluvial and coastal flood defence and other schemes, such as habitat creation initiatives, river restoration and WFD projects.
Current projects include a range of major coastal schemes across the south coast (in Kent and Hampshire), flood storage proposals and habitat creation projects - along with smaller scale asset replacement projects requiring associated consenting and environmental support.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a wide range of established and highly experienced teams across the wider business to continue to grow their environmental services. Their existing teams cover services such as EIA, SEA, ecology, water resources, flood risk assessment/modelling and engineering.
They deliver advice in relation to landscape, cultural heritage, contaminated land, fisheries, groundwater, sustainability, catchment, and river restoration.
The successful candidate will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Project management and delivery of environmental services (including EIA, environmental appraisal, and environmental advisory work) - including responsibility for commercial management and technical quality on projects.
- Fostering good relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Writing and reviewing technical reports and other outputs.
- Input to environmental design and development of mitigation measures, working as a member of multidisciplinary teams.
- Supporting the development of new business relationships, including identification and development of new business opportunities.
- Providing support to bids and tender preparation.
- Undertaking stakeholder engagement and public consultation exercises.
The post will be based in Leeds.
Key competencies required for the role:
Applicants should have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
Chartered status is important and is valued by their clients, therefore applicants should be a chartered member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or a related equivalent. They will however consider candidates who are not yet chartered but have a desire to work towards becoming chartered and will support you through their professional mentoring programming.
Core skills & experience:
- Broad based knowledge of environmental consultancy
- Experience in delivery of EIA (particularly around flood defence schemes)
- Project Management
- Strong communicator
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience of HRA and SEA/SA
- Team management and leadership
- Contract review and management
- Tender and bid preparation
- Valid UK driving licence.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic team player; a strong communicator with experience of technical delivery in environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate will ideally have broad knowledge of the environmental consultancy sector and a proven track record in environmental delivery, including EIA.
To discuss this role in more detail please call me on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion or email your enquiry or CV to (url removed)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.