HGV 2 DRIVER (Hiab)
MALTON, NORTH YORKSHIRE
We have a great opportunity for a Class 2 HGV Driver with Hiab experience to join our well established and well know client, with a nationwide network of branches, at their Malton operation. Your role as HGV 2 Driver will be for the timely and safe delivery of timber and building materials to our customer base. This will include multi-drop deliveries for our trade and retail customers. If you have previously worked in a merchant yard this would be a great opportunity to further develop your skills. The role provides sociable working hours starting and finishing your day from the branch.
Personal Specification – HGV 2 Driver:
· A minimum Class 2 HGV driving licence (ideally clean) with Driver Qualification Card/Driver CPC.
· Zero endorsements preferred; any endorsements must be stated at application stage.
· A minimum 12 months’ HGV driving experience ideally including 90 days tachograph recorded driving in the last 180 days, with current/working Digi/tacho card.
· Have a positive approach to Health & Safety.
· Good understanding of Driver Hours & WTD Regulations.
· Excellent driving skills.
· Experience of multidrop deliveries.
· Ideally experienced and hold a current accredited certificate in the safe operation of Lorry Mounted Loaders (including remote).
· Forklift Truck experience beneficial, although training will be provided for the right candidate.
· Knowledge of local area and experience of working within a Builders Merchant would be beneficial.
Key Responsibilities – HGV 2 Driver:
· Ensure all goods are loaded, secured and delivered safely and professionally
· Ensure all required paperwork is competed at point of delivery/collection.
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Operate in accordance with training and HTG’s Policies & Procedures.
· Comply with Health and Safety legislation, Company Health and Safety policies and procedures and current EU Road Transport Regulations at all times.
· Ensure the delivery vehicle is roadworthy and daily vehicle walk rounds have been completed and recorded.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.