One of my newest clients in Bristol is now looking for Senior Engineer (mechanically biased) to join their Building Services team. The company is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. They work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle. The company has been established over 30 years ago and is has got now a skilled team of engineers, surveyors, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
Responsibilities of Senior Engineer:
- Undertaking Dilapidations reports.
- Producing pre-acquisition and disposal technical due diligence reports.
- Meet target KPIs on WIP management including HIW.
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
- Respect Company Values.
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance CAPEX reports.
- Input into innovation; continual improvement of services and products.
- Supporting the team providing technical support and maintenance management duties.
Skills and Experience
- CIBSE qualification or qualified by experience or related degree or relevant City and Guilds qualifications or similar.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills are required and the ability to liaise professionally with clients and colleagues is essential.
- Working knowledge of and ability to identify and provide professional advice for the following building services is essential;
- Electrical Distribution systems.
- Air Conditioning Systems, including VRV, VAV, Chilled Water Systems (knowledge of older and less common systems is advantageous).
- Ventilation systems including VAV, heat recovery etc.
- Heating systems including heat generation, distribution and terminal unit types.
- Controls and BMS.
- Fire Alarms, Security and Access Systems.
- Lifts (as far as expected from an M&E point of view)
- Projects experience (design and/or management) is desirable although not essential.
- Knowledgeable in statutory compliance, regulations and standards relating to operational/existing building services.
In return the company offers a great salary package and the benefits including travel allowance, yearly bonus and life insurance after passing probationary period.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.