Pave places talented people in projects that matter. As pioneering recruitment specialists, we’re picky with our projects. Whether it’s transport or infrastructure, we’ll only get excited if it’s transformational or innovative.
In partnership with a top tier multi-disciplinary consultancy, we are working to on board an exceptional Project Manager to work on a significant project in Central London. This is a permanent role based in Central London paying up to £45,000 per annum.
Your new company
This SME consultancy punches above its weight and is recognised as a leader in the highways consultancy sector with projects spanning across the UK. They aim to meet the ever-evolving demands on our roads and streets with solutions to allow for the efficient, safe and sustainable movement of people and goods through the application of emerging strategies such as Liveable Neighbourhoods and Healthy Streets.
Your new role
The Project Manager will play a crucial role assisting in the delivery of an exciting project revamping one of London’s signature streets. This scheme will see the transformation of the surrounding area to allow for improvement for walking, cycling and the public realm. As Project Manager you will bring your expertise to the following requirements.
- Reviewing design drawings for both highways, infrastructure, commercial and residential projects.
- Developing bill of quantities associated with the design.
- Managing the construction works including onsite inspections, holding meetings, QA reviews, reporting, programme of work, valuing variations and contractor’s applications for payment.
- Managing and liaising with various parties to deliver the project including clients, councils, residents, statutory undertakers, utility service providers, etc.
- Work in with the traffic engineer team for the various designs.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Along with your enthusiasm for the development and improvement of public realm spaces, you will ideally fulfil the following criteria.
- Professionally qualified engineer affiliated with Institute of Civil Engineers or equivalent.
- Holds a civil engineering degree. Honours would be preferable.
- Proven experience managing complex multidisciplinary JCT contracts and NEC3 contracts.
- Work experience in managing projects for both contractors and consultants.
- A working knowledge of industry guidance – TSRGD, Manual for Streets, DMRB etc.
- Commercial experience with estimating and financial change control.
- Proficiency with some or all of the following software packages would be considered beneficial:
- TRL Junctions 10 (ARCADY/PICADY)
- JCT LinSig
- TRL TRANSYT
- PTV VISSIM
- PTV VISUM
If you’re looking for your next Project Manager role, have a chat with us today!
Pave Recruit Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.