Training Assessor - Royal Navy Air Engineering
RNAS Culdrose, Cornwall
£26,000 - £28,000
About the role
As a Training Delivery Assessor within our Marine Training business you'll be supporting us as we deliver world-class training both UK and Internationally. With over 800,000 training days delivered so far we equip people to operate and support the most complex marine platforms, logistics and equipment - using our collaborative, customer-centric approach.
Here at Babcock International, we operate a significant outsourced contract for the provision of education and training services to the Royal Navy. The training services comprise of naval technical and tactical training and education, delivered by Babcock Trainers as well as training support.
Reporting to the Training Delivery Team Supervisor, you will provide support to ensure the successful outputs of the naval apprenticeship contract with the Education Skills Funding Agency. Focused on quality assurance and Learner support, mentoring and tracking.
- To provide Air Engineering Apprenticeship assessment and delivery services. Focused on skill assessment, quality assurance, advice & guidance, learner support and tracking.
- Where required support and assess Aviation Apprenticeships for Rating Air Warfare branches
- Work closely with the RN and national authorities/agencies, to ensure a consistent and compliant apprenticeship and occupational awards delivery output and to conduct apprenticeship/award quality control activities to ensure service outputs. (This may include travel and overnight stay)
- Work with site Administrator and assist them in maintaining apprenticeship/award documentation to meet RN and external authority/agency quality control and contract requirements.
- Seek Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives within the Air Stations output areas.
- Maximise performance delivery, innovative new approaches to deliver savings, feeding back to the Training Delivery Team Supervisor.
- Maintain currency and SQEP in line with technical experience.
- Ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times for all employees, trainees and others under your direction.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key member of the team in training the next generation of Navy personnel. As well as working for the UK's leading naval support business, we will also provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you would expect from a global company.
What do I need to do the job?
You will have:
- Ideally a background in Air Engineering discipline within the armed forces
- Level 3 or equivalent Aeronautical Engineering qualification
- If not coming from a military background, then a commercial aircraft engineering background will also be considered
- Experience and/or qualifications in teaching or assessing is highly desirable, but not essential
What else do I need to know?
You will work 37 hours per week Monday to Friday and must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.