The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) is currently recruiting an Engineer based on-site at the impressive HMNB Devonport. The Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP) is the largest support programme ever undertaken by the MOD and is the development and implementation of new commercial arrangements with industry - transforming the way that support is provided to all our classes of complex submarines. FMSP supports every UK Naval Base from the beds Royal Navy personnel sleep in, to the Warships and Submarines they serve in, ensuring they are fit and capable to carry out their responsibilities on behalf of the Nation.
Working as part of the FMSP team, you will be supporting multiple change initiatives aligned to the implementation of FMSP at HMNB Devonport - this will involve the realisation of the FMSP operating model to the initial operating capability, parallel organisational change and the creation of associated processes and governance. Part of your role will also include supporting activity that facilitates and ensures the successful transition from existing contracts and suppliers to new following their appointment. Please note that due to the nature of the project involved, this campaign with be open to Sole UK Nationals only.
The post has specific responsibilities that you may be expected to undertake -
* Responsible for acting as an Intelligent Customer (Delivery Manager) at Devonport in scope of the submarine engineering lot with a focus on Submarine Refit Complex facilities - infrastructure.
* Assisting with the development of local processes using packages such as MS Visio.
* Assisting with the monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the contract to ensure requirements have been delivered to the customers satisfaction.
* Analysing data to ensure any emerging trends are identified and addressed through the relevant Governance Forums
What you will be assessed against
* Relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or equivalent experience
* Experience of providing technical advice and delivery of successful engineering outcomes.
* Rounded engineering experience in their discipline or specialist area.
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Member of a relevant Professional Engineering / Science Institute or equivalent body
* Professionally Registered status or has demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
https://(url removed)/job/sda-process-engineer/?portfolioCats=(phone number removed),,(phone number removed),
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.