Civil Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer (Water) - Peterborough
Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you enjoy being part of an inclusive team where respect for people is a priority? Then this will be the role for you.
You will be the new Civil Engineer (Water) in Peterborough.
With an ever-growing population and increasing customer expectations across the region, a number of exciting and career enhancing projects are being undertaken to create a forward-thinking, sustainable and industry-leading Water and Water Recycling Service. One of these projects is the Cambridge Relocation Project.
The Cambridge Relocation is a project to build a new Water Recycling Centre (WRC) & Sludge Treatment Centre (STC) for Cambridge such that the land of Anglian Water's existing WRC can be developed to create new housing and Infrastructure in collaboration with key stakeholders. My client are responsible for the Design, Construction & Commissioning of a host of activities and require the most enthusiastic and talented team to make this a successful project.
As you'd expect with the excitement of building a new WRC and STC, there are a host of complex civil processes which require planning and executing to the highest standards. To assist with developing the civil engineering design aspects of this exciting project, my client is looking for a Civil Engineer to join the team!
What will you be doing as the new Civil Engineer (Water)?
As their new Civil Engineer, you'll produce quality engineering deliverables to programme in order to support the Development Consent Order (DCO) process, detailed design, construction, commissioning and completion. With a focus on innovation, environmental sustainability, safety and standards, you'll play a key part in their project!
- Under the guidance of the Technical Manager deliver complete designs as required by the DCO process and project need.
- Embrace BIM360 and assist in the development of 3D models of the project to achieve the project requirement of a fully attributed 3D model to facilitate the manipulation of data and to allow site construction without 2D drawings
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary design produced by the core design team, external partners and the supply chain
- Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design by eliminating hazards and reducing risks during design whilst complying with Alliance CDM procedures
- Actively integrate with the project planning activities; proactively contributing to an integrated delivery programme that covers all stages of design, DCO, construction and commissioning
- Ensure all technical work is carried out to the highest standard by embracing Project 13 and NIC "Good Design" Principles and use them to influence how we structure our design delivery
- Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation and people objectives
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours:
To join them on this unique project, you'll have demonstrable experience in undertaking design of various engineering assets in the water industry in addition to your experience of delivering civil engineering design to support planning applications. Proven ability in design of major wastewater treatment projects.
With strong communication skills, you'll have excellent stakeholder management skills and champion collaboration to tackle challenges and obstacles which could hinder our objective of outperformance. Demonstrating strong IT skills, you'll marry your technical and people skills to deliver the best civil engineering facility to your stakeholders on a regular basis.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your engineering career with an industry- leading alliance on a once in a career project, apply today!
To discuss this role in more detail please call me on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion or email your enquiry or CV to (url removed)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.