Site Reliability & Asset Care Engineer
Global FMCG and Healthcare Manufacturing Company
£40 – 45k plus comprehensive package, bonus and benefits
A newly created role, ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective maintenance, repair, problem solving and improvement of assets.
Reporting directly to the Site Engineering Manager. Its a growing team, site and business...
You will deliver the Engineering Maintenance plan. Reviewing Maintenance effectiveness and machine history to develop reports, KPIs and continuous improvement initiatives
You will have the autonomy to develop the function. Its brand new; your chance to take the lead in developing the asset care strategy in a hands-on role.
You will roll out the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Your new role:
- Development of Condition Based Maintenance strategy for site using appropriate tools and techniques
- Defining equipment criticality in relation to safety, productivity impact supporting the prioritisation of asset care strategies
- You’ll develop and manage the programme of equipment inspections and repairs
- You will provide pro-active maintenance support and strategy to the engineering team. You will minimize downtime on the plant
- Responsible for responding to plant reliability issues, analyse, fault find and repair route cause problems to ensure downtime is minimized
- Develop and execute the site preventative maintenance plan within agreed time scales
- Ensure that business systems are being used effectively to develop a planned maintenance strategy
- Ensure root-cause analysis is conducted for all relevant failures with corrective actions
- Assist engineers with technical knowledge to provide 24/7 support
- Coach engineers and operators to improve the knowledge in best practice maintenance
- Deliver continuous improvement to reduce downtime
- Ensure maintenance schedules are updated with learnings from equipment failures to minimize plant downtime
- Manage the collection of data on equipment failures and systems to reduce line downtime
- Implement maintenance programmes that support / improve asset performance
- Ensure the PPM schedule is completed to the required standard
Is this you?
- Engineering HNC/Degree desirable
- Several years manufacturing experience, you may have developed from a Craft Engineer
- Experience of Engineering manuals and Drawings
- Excellent PC, Data Analysis and Excellent Communication skills
- Previous Experience in a similar role desired, but not essential
- Some knowledge of TPM/Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.