This Safety Assurance Engineer will join the Complex Systems and Support Design Assurance team who report directly to the Director of Complex Systems & Support and the Head of the Programme. The purpose of this team to provide independent assessment of the design being developed by the Combat Systems team. The Design Assurance team has overall responsibility for product safety and compliance.
This role is to provide Safety Assurance to the Combat System that is currently in the development phase with the main purpose of the role being to:
· Provide an independent challenge,
· Deploying expertise independent of the project,
· Identify major risks.
The Safety Assurance engineer will confirm, by an independent review that the baseline design and subsequent change satisfies safety requirements and that the safety justification for the conception and execution of a safety case is acceptable.
The main activities that are required to be completed include but are not limited to:
· Completing independent Safety review, looking in particular at Risk Management and ALARP
· Check for completeness of the Safety Case and identify what may not have been considered.
· Check for compliance to the BAE safety processes.
· Providing guidance to the Systems and Safety teams.
· Supporting the Systems Engineering and Safety teams to identify and implement corrective actions.
The individual will be working on a time and material basis for the first few months as they understand the work scope and deliverables. During this initial period, they will work with the customer to identify and develop work packages that can be executed under a fixed price basis as part of an Expleo team offsite.
· Safety Engineer with +15 years experience of working on complex Marine, Aerospace or Defence systems. Experience of working on Submarine combat systems would be advantageous.
· Detailed knowledge of Safety requirements and processes such DEF-STAN 00-56, IEC 61508 and ARP4761.
· The candidate shall have a demonstrated track record of Safety engineering activities:
· Experience of completing independent Safety Assessments and Audits.
· Development of Safety Cases, Hazard Logs and Risk/Hazard Assessments.
· Knowledge of Team Centre and other PLM systems advantageous.
· Robust knowledge of the quality requirements of ISO9001 or AS9100.
· Strong communicator
· Ability to take an agile approach to engaging in new workflows and activities.
· Demonstrated experience in a customer facing engineering role.
· Candidates should have a Degree / HND or equivalent in Systems Engineering or an associated discipline.
This role is working within the Marine Business that is responsible for delivering Surface Ship and Submarine programmes.
Level 4/5 - Principal Engineer / Technical Consultant
Maybe located onsite at Frimley, Bristol or working from home.
Security & Nationality Restrictions
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will need the following:
· UK National
· SC Clearance
Expected Start Date
25 Jan 2021
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.