Air Compressor and Vacuum Service Engineer
Located in West Midlands, Stoke on Trent, and Shrewsbury. Our Clients locations provided a variety of compressed air, fluid power and energy saving solutions since 1952. Our ever-increasing success is built upon a strong foundation of experienced staff, quality products and particular attention to customer service
This is an established role within our Company, working closely with our existing Compressed Air and Vacuum Team dealing with the on-site commissioning, maintenance and repair of industrial stationary air compressors, vacuum, and associated equipment. This work may involve complete strip downs and over-hauls on client machines at client sites.
The successful air compressor and vacuum service engineer can be based from our offices in either, Staffordshire, West Midlands or Shrewsbury.
- £40,000 OTE
- Mobile Phone + Company Van
- Overtime availability
- 25 days holiday per annum plus Bank holidays
- Additional 1 Service Day every 3 years to Maximum of 5 Days
- Optional contributory pension
- Optional private health care
To work within the team as a key member being responsible for the service and repair of customer’s industrial compressed air equipment, e.g., Compressors (Screw, Vane & Reciprocating) Air Treatment Dryers (Refrigeration & Desiccant), Control Systems and Vacuum.
- Communicate effectively with all departments, ensuring a good working relationship for the benefit of the client and the Company.
- Communication with the Line Managers/Senior Engineers regarding progress and/or requirement of any additional works that may be required after assessment
- Complete strip downs and overhauls on client machines
- Service of equipment & parts and assisting other engineers both in the workshops and on site.
- Preparation & submission of accurate, detailed, and legible reports on the work carried out.
- Preparation and submission of any certification as required.
- Service, Repair and Maintenance of Industrial Stationary Air Compressors and Associated Equipment in accordance with current regulations, manufacturer recommendations, and industry standards.
- Submission of parts & labour advice for any extra work required.
- Attend ‘call out’ to client sites outside normal working hours as required. Call out rota.
Person and Essential Skills
- Good engineering skills, particularly with knowledge of all types of industrial air compressors and associated equipment
- Working knowledge of compressor electrical and control systems.
- Extensive Engineering experience and/or recognised qualifications.
- Must be enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills with ability to discuss engineering issues with Customers, Works Engineers, and senior personnel within companies.
- Full UK driving licence (or European Equivalent – Std Licence up to 3.5 tonnes)
- Basic working knowledge of H&S issues, documentation, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Personal Safety as well as current legislation relating to the tasks being undertaken.
- Ability to fit in as part of the team.
Other desirable skills
- An understanding of basic compression principles including flow, pressure, and volume.
- An understanding of drying & filtration principles.
- Ability to read drawings
- Electrical fault-finding abilities.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.