I'm supporting an excellent group based in Birmingham in their search for a Purchasing Manager on a permanent basis. This is paying up to £50,000.
Source and purchase the best quality equipment, goods and services at the most competitive prices to enable the company to operate successfully
You will be involved in sourcing suppliers, contract drafting, negotiation and managing suppliers through the whole procurement process
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products including price trends and their impact on future business activities. While keeping track on any developments within the industry.
- Maximise stock availability, particularly for items that are sold under contract, whilst minimising stock holding.
- Liaise with suppliers, manufactures and internal teams - such as operations & warehousing, key suppliers and finance.
- Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements. Analysing data on current and potential spending and savings.
- Build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers to include supplier performance management, leading service reviews, lead on service improvement and continuous improvement initiatives (with the delivery team).
- As part of on-going review of suppliers' performance, undertake commercial reviews and initiate service improvement plans if required, work with finance to ensure payments under the contract are properly made following milestone review and sign off or delivery.
- Leverage stronger working relationships with key or strategic suppliers to ensure services are delivered as per our contract agreement but also any added value can be delivered via the relationship.
- Understand the suppliers' capabilities so that existing supplier relationships can be leveraged thus containing procurement costs.
- Ensure both the supplier and the customer dependencies are being met and manage any deviations from the agreement, through the use of deliverables and obligations matrices.
- Advise the business teams on contract terms and their meanings and relevance, respond to business queries around contractual terms (supported by legal where required).
- Ensure the contract change process, including renewals, is followed and understood by the business.
- Work closely with the project or BAU teams to ensure they fully understand contractual customer dependencies and commercial terms prior to contract award and signature.
- Management of the contract database and overview of the Procurement inbox
- CIPS qualified
- Previous managerial experience advantage.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Attention to detail
- Punctual, methodical and assertive
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.