Development Director (Wind & Solar)
£50,000 - £70,000 + Remote Working + Health Insurance + Pension + Holidays
If you've got experience in leading complex renewable energy projects and want to be a part of an innovative company with a strong renewable energy portfolio then this is the perfect role for you.
In this role you will be leading a team and working with external partners to identify opportunities and successfully develop complex wind and solar projects across the UK for both the company and their clients.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated their capability for delivering such projects from similar previous work, will be confident in presenting cases for business and will have the innovative mindset needed for growth into new areas of business such as Hydrogen, Battery Storage and Heat Pumps.
This is a great role for someone who thrives in a position of responsibility where their strength of character and technical competency will generate success for both themselves, their team and the company as a whole.
* Developing strategies for investment in a varied portfolio of renewable energy projects
* Growing and leading a team to successfully identify, initiate and develop projects
* Carrying out feasibility work and presenting business cases for each opportunity
* Managing the development process and securing necessary construction and O&M consents
* Identifying opportunities for innovation and leading growth into new sectors of renewable energy
* Previous experience in developing successful renewable energy projects (essential)
* Good understanding of all stages of complex project development (site origination, planning, construction etc.)
* Experience of dealing with planning authorities, Energy Consents Unit and other 3rd parties e.g landowners
* Relevant technical or business degree, or a project management qualification (preferred)
* IOSH qualification (preferred)
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd regrets to inform that our client can only accept applications from engineering candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.
Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.