As a Systems Engineer with Altran, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high, as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible can-do attitude. Above all you will have a desire to progress and deliver success for our customers. You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses.
- Altran supports the client in providing a systems engineering approach for new product development, modifications and operational changes. You will work closely with other engineering disciplines at both system and sub-system levels to deliver technical solutions at all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Our engineers work across different programmes in a dynamic and busy environment, ensuring tasks are delivered effectively and technical issues are resolved quickly.
- Typical tasks will include:
- Technical system requirements generation, analysis, and management.
- Requirements decomposition and flow-down to subsystem and component levels.
- Agreeing and specifying acceptance criteria and intended means of compliance.
- Acting as a local project integrator and interface between transnational colleagues and customers, with elements of project planning, risk management, and delivery prioritisation.
- Define the detailed functional behaviour of the system elements.
- Supporting the design engineers in concept design assessment and selection.
- Solve technical issues that may arise during the development, testing and integration of the system.
Education and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Ideally be an incorporated or chartered engineer, or actively working towards that.
Experience and skills:
- Previous experience of working with complex mechanical or electromechanical systems.
- General familiarity with working in aerospace, defence, rail, or similar industries.
- Demonstrable experience in generating and/or analysing technical requirements, and in articulating technical arguments to demonstrate compliance to those requirements. Ideally have experience of specifying requirements for different product domains (e.g. software, mechanical, electrical products).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work and act in multidisciplinary teams.
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism, and persuasiveness.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and delivering significant tasks to schedule and budget; the wide variety of responsibilities requires effective time management and prioritisation of work.
- Understanding of a broad range of product development, verification and in-service processes and techniques; e.g. the systems V cycle, product lifecycles, qualification plans and reports, configuration control, technical risk management, etc is beneficial.
- Experience or training in SysML is an advantage.
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.