Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager lead and manage the delivery of technical outputs for projects on time, to the quality required, and within the allocated budget, including primary client contact. This will be achieved by defining, controlling and delivering workflows in accordance with company procedures, whilst interfacing with technical and managerial staff.
- Manage the delivery of technical teams and the required outputs in accordance with the brief.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the following specific requirements:
- Health and safety requirements are adhered to and files and records are maintained
- Leading on financial control of projects
- Programmes are established and maintained
- Change control is maintained
- Risk management is fully utilised
- All PM tools are maintained
- Deliver Project Management excellence and innovation.
- Responsibility for implementing resourced and costed project programmes using Microsoft Project or other approved planning tools, for individual or multiple projects.
- Assist line manager with resource management for the team including optimisation of the resource balance. Maintain an accurate resource forecasting planner for the team, and regularly report resource requirements and availability to line manager, including short and medium term peaks and troughs in workload.
- Lead in the delivery of client outcomes, whilst meeting utilisation targets.
- Agreement of project briefs, proposals and deliverables.
- Maintain systems to produce financial, progress and performance reporting and management of project administration for all assigned project resources including, non-conformance reporting and actioning.
- Champion delivery in accordance with company's management systems including Health and Safety, project, commercial and risk management.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the checking, certifying and authorising is completed for designs, documents, approvals, Professional Skill and Care Certificates and reports.
- Develop the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring less experienced staff and supporting their project management career development aspirations.
- Ensure company sickness absence, performance management, grievance, disciplinary, capability
- and other relevant company procedures are implemented across the team in the role of manager of
- the project management team. Ensure project management team are clear on expectations and standards of performance required.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- MAPM or equivalent (desirable).
- Have an excellent track record in the delivery of highways or general civil engineering projects and be able to agree all the project outputs of the team(s) prior for issue.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Excellent communication and project management skills including leading and managing technical teams within a competitive business environment.
- Able to take the lead with client interfaces and manage project delivery on technical and business aspects of team outputs.
- Able to establish project requirements and drive the team to deliver the required outputs in terms of quality, cost and programme.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work without supervision essential, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
- Strong communication skills. Fluent written and verbal English.
- Able to demonstrate alignment to the company behaviours
- Able to build teams and mentor others PMs and facilitate succession planning
- Full driving licence
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. We encourage flexible working wherever possible in your role - and this may allow you to work from home or from one of our other offices/sites, if appropriate.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Closing Date: 31st January 2021
Please note, interviews make take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.