Telent Site Manager - Rail
North West England, 9 Month FTC
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak Telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
With current annual revenues in excess of ?400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
- To ensure site works are performed efficiently and safely ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction as per the site specific Telent documentation.
- To lead and support, as required, Telent?s delivery partners in their efforts to support project deliverable
- Site-based lead, ensuring project delivery is in line with agreed resource plans, client programmes, business budgets and customer requirements.
- The Site Manager will have a clear technical and commercial understanding of the Project deliverables for the project assigned to them
- Participate in the planning for effective delivery strategies for project implementation at site level, i.e resources required to undertake all enabling works, installation, testing and commissioning
- The Site Manager shall provide effective support for on-site supervision to ensure on-going safety and resource productivity.
- Once deployed to a project the Site Manager shall lead all site delivery staff associated with the project.
- Site Manager shall liaise closely with the Project Manager or Delivery manager where applicable to ensure all aspects of technical and commercial deliverables are clearly understood and provisioned for within the delivery plans
- Site Manager shall establish an appropriate reporting regime with the appointed Project Manager & Deliver Manager where applicable in order that all aspects of work, progress and risks are clearly communicated and suitably prioritised
- Participate when required in early build ability and construction reviews with the survey and design teams thus giving opportunity to raise both risks and potentially alternative installation options
- Participate in the design development process to facilitate deeper understanding of installation issues and challenges.
- Undertake regular staff / personnel briefings for all site staff. This shall include all relevant QHSE documentation, delivery progress and general toolbox talks.
- Pro-actively drive all site works and resolve issues with the Project Manager, Deliver Manager & Project Engineer in real time to ensure productivity remains to plan.
- Provide daily progress reports to the Project team in an agreed format that includes key performance data including current data on implementation in addition to material, plant, tool and vehicles
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
- Previous Site Management experience is essential
- Network Rail PTS COSS/SWL
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Natural leadership characteristics
Excellent employee benefits:
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.