Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation worldwide, we are heavily involved in the development of Hinkley Point C and have opportunities within the Civil Design team based on site.
We require a Civil Engineer to be responsible for modifying and adapting the design received from the Back Office, substantiating the adapted design of the HR Building reinforced concrete structures on the Hinkley Point C project. You will be supported by a group of detailed designers and work closely with the Client and the Clients Tier 1 Civils Contractor.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks.
As part of the Civil team, you would be responsible for
- Modifying reinforced concrete structure designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes,
- Maintaining Edvance’s QA procedures in delivering the CW design,
- Working with the CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models,
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures,
- Liaising with colleagues in Edvance Paris (Malakoff).
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
- Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structure
- Experience with on site design support
- Experience on wide projects
Software and Tools: TEKLA, PDMS
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.