An exciting, fast-paced global consumer electronics brand are seeking a contract Design Engineer to join their team in Central London to provide expertise and assistance in the development of a new range of household products.
As Mechanical Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Detailed mechanical design from brief through to prototyping and then production.
- Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
- Verification to validate concepts.
- Detailed CAD design using Creo.
- Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
To be a successful you will have:
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- Experience in working on consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
- Able to perform calculations, tolerance analysis and stress/FEA.
- 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO).
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- £40 per hour
- The possibility of on-going work
- Remote working
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.