We're currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to be based at our flagship Packaging facility in Fordham. The primary focus of this role is to oversee a significant project beginning in 2021, working closely with the Project Team and contractors to deliver the project safely and in line with timescales and budgeted costs. The project revolves around the relocation of an existing machine and installation of several conveyors and robots to increase the operations on site. The successful implementation of this project is key to the continued success and improvement of our site operations as we strive to consistently deliver a world-class service in a fast-paced environment to delight our customers and grow our business.
This role is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scoping the precise requirements for the project, including specifications for major items of equipment and budgeting within the costing model
- Evaluating tenders and proposals to assure like for like comparisons regarding specification and price
- Health & Safety responsibility – working with local H&S Manager on Risk Assessments to ensure requirements are adhered to
- Identifying key milestones and producing an overall plan for the project to be updated at meetings
- Running of project meetings, detailing anything that will affect daily operations, and feeding back to line manager and Senior Management Team
- Working with local engineering team to design and procure suppliers to cover work around building, electricity, waste collection, heavy lifting, and other services
- Management of contractors, ensuring that all contractors understand their responsibilities and are engaged in the work that they are undertaking
To be successful in this role you should have a recognised mechanical or electrical engineering qualification, and experience of working in a manufacturing environment. Strong leadership and engagement skills are essential as you will be managing up to 20 contractors at any one time.
Other attributes needed for the role include full competency in Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD experience, and a proven history in project management. Experience working with robots would also be advantageous.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.