Apprentice Engineer Programme
Who is Linde Material Handling?
A leading world-wide manufacturer of forklift trucks, warehouse handling equipment and systems solutions. We value integrity, collaboration, courage and excellence.
For over half a century, we have striven to deliver safe, productive and ergonomical solutions to our customers.
The Linde Material Handling apprenticeship programme has been running successfully for many years. We have produced some of the best engineers in our industry and were recognised in the FLTA 2018 awards where our apprentices won Apprentice of The Year and runner up Apprentice of The Year. Four of the six shortlisted were from Linde Material Handling.
This is a four-year programme, during which time you will receive on and off the job training to gain a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Lift Truck Maintenance and Repair.
Year 4 is a transition year to demonstrate all your acquired knowledge in engineering and put it to use in the workplace.
We are looking for the new generation of engineers to start their career in our award-winning programme and help us maintain and repair our extensive range of lift trucks and materials handling equipment. Successful applicants will give be given full support throughout the programme.
You will need to:
- Have a passion for all things engineering.
- Be keen to learn.
- Be motivated to achieve success.
In return, you will be provided with:
- A work laptop.
- Corporate work wear.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Your own toolbox and tools.
- A rewarding career.
An Apprentice Development Officer will support your overall development and a mentor will guide you through your apprenticeship programme on a day to day basis.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Attend all training courses.
- Deliver high levels of customer service.
- Meet the personal and professional standards of the company and conduct yourself in accordance with the Linde apprentice programme behavioural guidelines.
- Complete tasks in the workshop and take responsibility for being involved in its day to day running alongside the workplace mentors to complete your Vocational Competency Qualification (VCQ).
- Work closely with the F-TEC assessor and F-TEC team to achieve your qualifications.
- Work at becoming competent at carrying out regular servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs on all trucks to a high standard.
- Regularly demonstrate company values of Integrity, Courage, Excellence & Collaboration.
You will need to be interested in all things mechanical. Experience is advantageous however not essential.
It is important that candidates who apply are motivated, interested, hardworking and reliable.
Applicants must have Maths and English GCSE'S Grade 9-5 or (A – C) or equivalent.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.