What will you be doing as our new Mechanical Engineer?
As our new Mechanical Engineer, you’ll work closely with the Technical Manager to ensure we deliver first in class mechanical engineering processes, ideas and execution which push the boundaries of innovation whilst remaining compliant and Health & Safety focussed.
- Lead the preparation and analysis of key mechanical options, for review and agreement with the client and key project stakeholders ensuring risks and gaps are mitigated whilst always upholding the Project Basis of Design
- Design calculations facilitating the sizing of mechanical, hydraulic, power generating and building services equipment
- Liaise with the supply chain to ensure the latest technologies are assessed and understood as part of the optioneering process
- Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
- Oversee the outputs for a number of processes including P&IDs and Data sheets. HAZID and HAZOP studies and mechanical input into commissioning plans, including proposed performance tests
- Support the Technical Manager in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations and standards
- Ensure all technical work is carried out to the highest standard by embracing Project 13 and NIC “Good Design” Principles and use them to influence how we structure our design delivery
- Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation and people objectives
To join us on this unique project, you’ll be educated to degree level and have experience within the water industry, preferably in wastewater treatment. A track record in delivering mechanical engineering major wastewater treatment and bio solids treatment projects would be advantageous.
With strong communication skills, you’ll have excellent stakeholder management skills and champion collaboration to tackle challenges and obstacles which could hinder our objective of outperformance. Demonstrating strong IT skills, you’ll marry your technical and people skills to deliver the best mechanical engineering facility to your stakeholders on a regular basis.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.