Our Public Body client requires a Commercial Manager to lead a team to successfully deliver cost management support and assurance focus for Rails Systems projects. Projects will vary from Construction, Civil Engineering, digital solutions, operational models, upgrades and renewals, major and minor works etc…
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will join a team of Commercial Managers who implement a best practice framework for cost, value and contract management for construction projects, provide support and assurance for project planning and delivery, manage dispute resolution and seek continual performance improvement.
*Please note that detailed application forms must be submitted before 12 noon on Friday 22nd January 2021 so early application is advisable*
As Commercial Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and implement best practice strategies, frameworks and supporting documentation for procurement/contract and cost management for major infrastructure projects to ensure projects are delivered on budget and in accordance with current procurement regulations.
- Prepare and review project cost estimates to support business case development and key project approval stages.
- Lead value management and engineering at key stages throughout the project and advise on value management workshops and forums to deliver best value.
- Continuously scan project environment for commercial issues and risks and advise and escalate to the Senior Programme Manager so that risks and issues can be managed and mitigated.
- Implement cost controls with other commercial staff within the programme on commercial progress management, risk analysis, cost plan management and delivery of monthly budget reports and projections.
- Advise on dispute resolution and contractual disputes.
A full job description and application form can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant Construction Management.
- Sound knowledge of public procurement practice for construction works and services.
- Experience in procuring major construction works and service contracts/frameworks.
- Experience in the NEC suite of contracts.
- Proven experience in cost estimating and cost management.
- Chartered Surveyor status with RICS or working towards chartership.
- Desirable experience would include experience of infrastructure projects/contracts.
If you feel this "Commercial Manager" role is something you may be interested in please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.