Our client is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Civil Engineering CAD Technician with a professional attitude for immediate start to join their team within their Edinburgh office working primarily on flood risk management projects.
Candidates will report to a Senior Engineer and will assist with the delivery of a range of engineering and environmental improvement projects, including options appraisal, concept design and detailed scheme design. The successful candidate will also be responsible for drawing and model control, progression of CAD standards and mentoring Junior Technicians.
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role
The right candidate will be:
- organised and able to balance competing priorities;
- a pragmatic thinker and solution finder;
- a self-starter, who manages own workload and that of a wider team;
- an excellent communicator.
Who we are looking for:
Candidates should be experienced in the use of 3D graphical design tools and preferably hold a minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in Engineering or CAD.
Experience in the following core skills is required:
- Proficient in the use of 2D AutoCAD within Civil Engineering.
- A working knowledge of BIM and its application within Civil Engineering.
- Experience working within a Civil Engineering office.
- Experience in one of the following: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit and or Navisworks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.