DESIGN ENGINEER VACANCY
- To work within our design team on the comprehensive range of equipment that we manufacture.
- Must be experienced in the use of Solid Modelling design software (preferably Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks but similar would be considered) and be proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- An engineering background.
- Be able to work on their own or as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to deal directly with suppliers to obtain prices and delivery times.
The following would be advantageous, but not essential:
Previous shop floor “hands on” experience; Machining, Welding Fabrication “Time served Apprentice” etc.
In depth knowledge of Autodesk Inventor.
Experience of design work carried out on food machinery and systems.
A working knowledge of the following, both at user design and calculation levels:
- steam systems and energy calculations
- fluid systems, pumps and pipe work
- stress calculations
- sizing of motor/gearboxes for applications
- sheet metal development
- tolerance of machined parts
Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Mon – Fri). Overtime is sometimes available.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.