Due to continued growth and expansion we are recruiting for a Principal Design Engineer on behalf of our client in the Liverpool region, this is a permanent role but our client would consider a contractor but preference would be a permanent staff member.
To be considered for the role you must meet the below criteria and be able to manage design delivery within a functional discipline to ensure compliance with legislation, Railway Group and Network Rail company standards. Provide guidance and development to other engineers in the business.
You must also have experience of managing others within your teams to deliver a first class service.
- Ensure a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design works including feasibility, option selection, detailed design and entry into service.
- Support interfaces with clients on design issues.
- Ensure that work carried out is in accordance with Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards and Network Rail control procedures.
- Ensure the design elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design and management (CDM) regulations.
- Support Engineering Manager to ensure works are carried out within budget and to agreed timescales.
- Maintain an interface with Engineering Manager and Programme Manager.
- Manage schemes through GRIP stages as required by remits to meet client requirements.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Leadership skills when delivering complex design works.
- Significant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in design and construction projects across multi discipline areas.
- Engineering degree (or other qualifications with workplace experience)
- Ability to support programme and resource requirements to deliver workload.
- Detailed knowledge of safety management and quality assurance.
- Supporting Accident/Incident investigations.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Recognised accreditation with professional engineering institute.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.