Position: Graduate Controls Engineer
Salary: £24,000 - 30,000 (DOE)
Due to business expansion our client is looking to strengthen their Controls Department with the introduction of a Graduate Controls Engineer. Our client designs and manufactures bespoke automated machinery used across a wide range of industry sectors including: Automotive, Aerospace, Warehouse Automaton & Logistics, Food & FMCG, Medical & Pharmaceutical.
The role of Graduate Controls Engineer will include the following:
- Work within a team environment shadowing and supporting other members of the controls department.
- Learning about machine sequencing, ladder logic, structured text, functional and software design specifications.
- Hands on plc coding from scratch when confident, as well as supporting the modification of plc code.
- You will work with an array of plc/motion controllers, pneumatics, robotics, supporting engineering projects from cradle to grave.
- The quicker you learn, the quicker you will start to take on projects independantly.
- You will work on inanimate machines to bring them to life by programming the machines sequence and logical instructions.
Whilst training on the job will be provided, it is up to the individual to drive their own learning both inside and outside of the office through researching and self study (not necessarily academic study)
The suitable candidate for Graduate Controls Engineer will need to possess the following skills, qualifications and interests:
- Technical qualification in engineering, preferably electrical engineering, controls system engineering or robotics.
- Hands on experience with basic plc coding or motion controller programming either from academia, hobby or work related, is essential.
- A Passion for automation, robotics, and a genuine interest in engineering and how things work
This is a wonderful opportunity to forge a career in Control System Engineering. If you have the above qualifications, skills and passion for this role of Graduate Controls Engineer, then please click on the link to apply.
Cartisian Technical Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency sourcing engineers for Automation, Software & Electronics, Automotive, General Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
UK office: Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Birmingham, Solihull, UK.
Continental Europe office: River Garden, Rohanske Nabrezi, Prague, CZ
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.