We are actively looking for an experienced Civil Engineering Project Manager to run a range of Civil Engineering Projects. Scope of works includes Highways & Park & Ride Schemes, Bridge & Tunnel refurbishments and Construction, Groundworks and Drainage schemes etc.
Working for a medium sized, reputable Civil Engineering Contractor, their Project Managers are also accountable for the Commercial Management of each project, ensuring that each project is delivered to time and budget.
The company is based in the Oxfordshire area , and most of their work is across the counties of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire , although they do have to go further afield on occasion.
Initially managing the delivery of a £2.5 million Park and Ride scheme for Wokingham Borough Council, the Civil Engineering Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking site survey’s and measuring up
- Developing Project Programs & Schedules of works
- Resource & material planning
- Setting up safe Sites
- Ordering materials & plant in good time
- Managing site logistics
- Managing a team of experienced Civil Engineers & Subcontractors
- Coordinating with other Contractors
- Negotiating and Recording site variations
- Undertaking valuations
- Managing Project Budgets & maintaining project margins
- Recording details of any delays
- Updating project programs
- Trouble shooting on site
- Writing, reviewing and amending RAMS
The successful candidate will be/have all of the following:
- Civil Engineering Degree or Equivalent
- Track record of managing Civil Engineering projects to time and budget
- Be able to demonstrate experience of controlling & managing Project Budgets
- Be able to read and interpret design drawings
- Have experience of writing, amending and reviewing RAM’s
- Have experience of managing Civil Engineering teams
- Have experience of sourcing and procuring materials & plant
- Will have kept a site diary including recording variations
- Be able to write and review RAMS
- Be able to demonstrate experience of seeing projects through to their conclusion
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing Project Budgets
- Have a track record of dealing with principle contractors
- Valid CSCS and/or SMSTS
This is a great opportunity for someone to join an established and growing Civil Engineering company, to work on a broad range of projects across multiple sectors. The company offers their staff training and development, and the opportunity to progress overtime.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a basic of between £60000-£75000 , Company Car, Pension, 25 Days Holiday, Profit Related Bonus
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.