Leeds, West Yorkshire
Bovis Homes and Linden Homes are award-winning brands that make up the housebuilding arm of Vistry Group. With a focus on the customer, they strive to deliver quality homes and service, creating thriving, sustainable communities in the process.
The biggest assets for both Bovis and Linden are their people, with teams with specialist skills and experience that span multiple disciplines. We are also proud to have collectively achieved 5 star HBF status.
In a Nutshell:
As our Adoptions Engineer you will report to the Technical Manager and working in conjunction with Engineers, Coordinators and colleagues from all regional departments, take responsibility for maintenance and timely and cost-efficient adoption of completed estate roads, sewers, pumping stations and public open spaces. You will work with the Engineers to development manager technical agreements during build stages to manage overall bond figures. You will engage and work with Build teams towards the end of project development to ensure timely completion of works, sign-off and to reduce the occurrence of errors and barriers to adoption/hand-over.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities -
- Work with the Build & Commercial Departments to ensure a timely sign-off/handover for roads, sewers, play areas and open spaces on historic sites.
- Whenever possible, attend sites during infrastructure works/activities and identify/record issues, monitor quality and provide positive feedback or raise concerns with the build team and/or contractors
- Arrange and review CCTV Surveys, As-Built Surveys, Streetlight Electrical Test Certificates, etc. and submit to adopting authorities as required
- Commission and/or provide responses to Road Safety Audits to achieve sign-off
- Liaise with the Engineers to ensure that infrastructure agreements (S278, S38, S104, S185) and Deeds are in place to facilitate the timely sign-off of works
- Investigate barriers to adoption of Legacy Sites and explore and pursue solutions with adopting authorities
- Provide assistance and guidance to the Adoptions Manager with respect to preparation of Adoption Plans, Deed Plans, Agreements and statutory processes etc
- Complete infrastructure agreements and arrange supporting bonds for Legacy Sites as required. Liaise with appointed and external legal representatives to complete Agreements, Deeds and land transfers
- Use AutoCAD to produce or amend Adoptions Plans for Highways, Sewers and POS areas as necessary
- Prepare and issue Highway H&S Files to adopting authorities
- Manage external consultants to assist with adoptions as required including their performance and costs
- Cultivate and maintain good, professional and respected working relationships with all external adopting bodies including Highways Authorities, Water Authorities, Councils and Management Companies
- Liaise with Subcontractors and the Commercial Department with respect to completion of works, variations/new quotations, inspections and rectifying sub-standard works
- Procure and manage utility works/installations as may be required to facilitate adoptions/handovers
- Procure and manage streetlighting installations, inspections and remedial works on completed developments as necessary to achieve adoption
- Arrange site inspections of infrastructure at the end of maintenance periods and identify and arrange all works required to achieve adoption
- Undertake regular Site Inspections of completed, unadopted developments and review Health and Safety implications, arranging any necessary remedial works through the Commercial Department
- Arrange and review regular Operational Safety inspections of Play Areas still under the Company's responsibility and request any repair works identified via the Commercial Department
- Ensure familiarity with technical department's Best Practice Procedures and ensure adherence thereto at all times.
- Ensure familiarity with the Company's Health & Safety Policy and ensure adherence thereto at all times.
- Prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Ensure you have read the Company's health and safety policies and procedures observe them at all times.
- Reporting any accidents or near misses immediately to your Manager and record them in the accident book.
- Ensure your workplace is kept tidy and any hazards are eliminated or reported to your line manager.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times.
- Attends all health and safety training as required by the Company.
- Civil Engineering related qualification i.e. HND or HNC
- Relevant experience in a similar position with a recognised housing developer or Highway/Drainage Authority
- Experience/in-depth knowledge of estate road and sewer construction & inspection
- Understanding of Highway & Water Industry standards
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Good negotiation skills
- Decision making/problem solving/multi-tasking
- Able to influence and persuade others to their point of view
- A good communicator/listener
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- An awareness of the impact of work on the business and residents of developments
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Behave in line with our values
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- Experience in estate road and sewer design
- Proven record of adoption achievement
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Homes is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
- Adoptions Engineer
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- A week ago
- Vistry Group
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts