Passive Architecture Specialist
£40000 - £57500/annum
***Please not this role is a Nationwide role and frequent travel and possible overnight stays may be required.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
We’re on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of £40,000 - £57,500 depending on experience, you’ll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know – and feel – that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. Where possible, we are open to offering and supporting flexible working, among other initiatives to ensure that we develop a safe and inclusive workplace.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The primary purpose of the role is to investigate, instigate and develop CityFibre passive architecture improvements so that its application delivers against our business objectives and strategic intent.
• Effective communication of architecture and change across the business
• Ensure that current installation and maintenance method statements are available to operate teams
• Take Operational learning (P&B, L2C, T2R) back into appropriate passive network architecture adjustments
• Develop Service and Component Supplier Relationships, with the aim of creating increased value for our business
• Track Industry trends and identify near horizon innovations that may bring business advantage
• Work with activity owners and assist with problem resolution and support issue resolution escalations if appropriate
• Work as part of the Passive Engineering Team in the assessment/resolution of operational issues that require engineering interventions
• Assist the wider team in the technical and commercial evaluation of new CPP innovations
• Ensure that relevant processes are defined, appropriate design rules are defined and that installation and maintenance method statements are available to operate teams
• Ensure that CPP projects take a 360 degree of all aspects required to be created or modified in order to deliver the end goal Capex and or OPEX cost benefit
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Highly motivated individual, who will be a critical influencer in shaping the direction of the business through ensuring passive architecture compliance and adaptation through excellent working relationships with the City build teams and partner organisations
- Naturally a team player, who is comfortable in challenging and being challenged in progressing successful outcomes for projects and in shaping technical & business direction.
- Has an expert level knowledge of FTTH/P passive network architecture/components and industry trends.
- The post holder will have excellent communication skills, that can influence at all levels within our own and our partner organisations
- Well developed troubleshooting skills and methodologies
- Ability to influence at all levels within our own and outside organisations
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It’s our way of doing things. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we love giving it our best to build a legacy together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain’s potential in a digital age. There’s never been a more exciting time to join the team!