Civil Design Engineer – Dublin
Substation and Windfarm Design
Euro Executive recruitment has been retained to recruit a Civil Engineer with a strong design focus for a leading M&E Contractor to work within their Power Division on a number of large sub-station and windfarm type projects across the Greater Dublin area. The role presents an opportunity to work with a leading organisation on a range of large projects.
- Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil sub-contractors.
- Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil sub-contractor.
- Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
- Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works.
- Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
- Manage the organisations input to the Client and / or Utility design review process with respect to civil designs.
- Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages.
- In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil sub-contractor.
- Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
- Work closely with the project PM to ensure that all variations are captured and notified to the project QS in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the civil sub-contractor as required on variations and associated design / re-design works.
- Ensure that the Clients management systems are complied with as set out in the contract documentation.
- Management of civil sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage projects and delivery them to quality, safely and on time.
- Manage, assess and develop teams and assigned individuals.
- A professionally qualified Civil Engineer.
- An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the design of structural and civil elements of varying materials
- Minimum of 3 years engineering design/project management experience.
- Experience in Civil Engineering design for substations or electrical power installations.
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget.
For more information on this role please contact Darren O’Keeffe or to apply, click 'Apply Now'
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.