My client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Mechanical Engineer for their water framework.
Based at the Brighton offices you will provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Produce mechanical design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that plant and equipment procured by the department is procured on time and to budget.
- Monitor design costs and provide design services appropriate to the allowance available.
- Produce design budget estimates and design deliverables schedules.
- Co-ordinate designs with all other disciplines internal and external to the client in order to ensure that all design elements are fully integrated.
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
Please note there is movement on the salary.
- Minimum: - HNC Mechanical Engineering with appropriate experience
- Have a knowledge of the principles of water and sewage treatment
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
- General knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. civil engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.