Our client is a global technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. They offer products, systems & solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century. With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to making energy more accessible, affordable & sustainable for millions of people globally.
We are looking for a Civil Engineering Design Manager to develop, lead and implement the strategy for the delivery of all Civil Engineering works within the T&D sector, providing expertise across Tendering, Engineering and Operational Teams.
Covering projects in Substations, Renewables & Rail, this is is a fantastic opening to work for a business employing over 140,000 people that's renowned for its training, development and cutting-edge projects. You will be remunerated with a fantastic package and will have an opportunity to work for the European market leader in the power sector. So, what will you be doing?
* To be the focal point for external designers interface into the wider Design Teams, to ensure they know Client & Technical and Procedural requirements.
* Managing civil and HV cable engineering tendering:
* Reviewing client ITTs
* Developing civil and HV cable engineering strategies including producing scope of works
* Engaging consultants and contractors through the Supply Chain Management function
* Coordinating the production of tender deliverables
* Identifying key risks and opportunities - developing mitigating actions and ensuring adequate provisions are made
* Undertaking due diligence on documentation prior to client contract signing
* Undertaking supplier quotation assessment, qualification and alignments
* Assisting supply chain and commercial functions in the drafting of subcontracts (predominantly NEC3)
* Supporting Project Management function including identifying Early Warning Notifications to customers and developing Compensation Events submissions where required.
* Reviewing subcontractor EWNs and consequential Compensation Events, implementing mitigating measures where appropriate
* Programme and resource management of civil design activities
* Reviewing external civil designs to ensure specification compliance, SHESQ, constructability and value has been considered
* Ensuring external designers implement client and technical and procedural requirements
* Developing team strategies and ensure integration into overall values and initiatives
* Offering expertise in client specifications, procedures, design codes and industry best practice
* Developing and leading initiatives for improvements and efficiencies for civil delivery
* Undertaking Civil Project Engineer duties on specific schemes where required
* Responsible for the teams personal development and training
* Overall responsibility for the unit's management of Temporary Works and compliance to BS 5975 and customer processes including enacting the role of the Designated Individual
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor or Masters degree in Civil Engineering
* Chartered Status with ICE, IStructE or CIOB
* Minimum 5 years experience working within T&D sector
* Experience within civil design environment
* Experience of work winning including risk identification and mitigation
* Good team work, analytical and communication skills
* Capable of working to tight time scales
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* National Grid TP137 CDAE civil substation authorisation
* Experience and knowledge of Rail energisation projects and Network Rail standards.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.