Carry out a wide range of assignments to improve the efficiency and quality repeatability of the machining production areas whilst also supporting the achievement of daily business goals and drive long term technical and cost reduction projects.
To assist with the manufacture of NPI jobs as and when required whilst providing technical support in trouble-shooting production problems. Providing timely and efficient routings for the manufacturing areas.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities
- Initiate method improvement and cost-saving projects in the Production areas.
- Support Production/Sales/Engineering in the preparation of Process Specifications and Routings.
- Assist and provide cover for the manufacture of NPI components in the machine shops.
- Assist with specifications, method improvements and general manufacturing documentation in the plating shop.
- Carry out process and Concept FMEA’s.
- Support the introduction and auditing of TEOA within the production and NPI areas.
- Ensure that the routed and actual costs of items are the same as or better than estimated costs.
- Ensure all tooling and gauging requirements are identified/provided for prior to Production
- Liaise with Engineering TEam to ensure components are designed for manufacture.
- Keep well-informed of technical developments and review manufacturing methods.
- Train and develop colleagues and trainees as directed by the Production Engineering Manager.
- Undertake additional tasks and duties as determined by the Production Engineering Manager.
- Observe and comply with Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by the business from time to time.
What your background should look like:
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical or Production Engineering
- Ideally, have recent experience in a production environment or a related industry
- CNC turning centre experience essential
Knowledge & Skills:
- Computer literate; ability to use varying internal systems.
- Identifies and recommends new or improved manufacturing processes and technical developments.
- Ability to use own initiative to ‘troubleshoot’ problems in Production areas as they arise.
- Sustained high degree of concentration, accuracy and attention to detail when under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be creative.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.