Manufacturing Engineer, Poole, £35,000
The purpose of this job:
Working closely with the senior management team, as the sole Manufacturing Engineer your focus will be to improve efficiency's across the business, predominantly through the reviewing of manufacturing processes with an aim to reduce the wastage of time or materials.
As the Manufacturing Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and evaluating of present methods of manufacturing
- Ensuring that best practice is documented and recorded appropriately
- To work closely with the production team, gaining their involvement to jointly find solutions / improvements to existing challenges / processes
- Working with both internal and external customers to ensure that needs are met whilst inputs are minimised
- Develop a clear understanding of industry standards and ensure adherence
- Immersing yourself in the various departments across the business, putting your knowledge of 5S, Kaizan and Six Sigma into use
- Support internal and external audits as and when required.
You MUST have:
- A degree level qualification in an Engineering related subject
- Experience with Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban & 5S. Ideally a Black belt practitioner
- 3 years' experience in a similar position within a relevant industry
- Have a background working with machined components & complex assemblies to within tight parameters (microns)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to interpret customer designs/drawings.
- Computer literate / ideally able to use SAP.
- Conversant with tools such as PPAP, 8D, PFMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Control Plans.
A well-established business, supporting an ever-growing industry spanning the globe. Over the last 30 years our client has built an exceptional reputation based on delivering high quality innovative products, to meet the customer's expectations.
With constant investment in machinery, test equipment and computer modelling suites the business is now looking to make improvements across there manufacturing processes and
If this role is for you:
We are working as the exclusive recruitment consultancy on this Manufacturing Engineer vacancy and have committed to submit suitable candidates to our client ASAP, therefore, reply quickly to this advert to avoid missing out or call Terry for further information.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST MEET ALL THE CRITERIA IN THE YOU MUST HAVE SECTION TO BE CONSIDERED
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.