My client, a leading Engineering company based close to Basingstoke are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer with a CNC Turning bias on a contract basis. The contract is expected to last 6-12 months initially.
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist engineering support involving machining processes and process controls for new and existing components. You will be required to work as part of a team to take new products from design to manufacture. Working in conjunction with the New Product Development, Post Design, Production and Quality teams.
The successful candidate will most likely be experienced in Aerospace or Automotive Manufacturing; you will have an understanding of Tooling selection and an understanding of Fixturing. This will suit someone who is time served with in-depth production and manufacturing background.
- Constructing and proving out CNC programs ideally using FeatureCam (specific FeatureCam training given).
- Design and document work holding and fixturing using Solidworks.
- Create and maintain all types production documentation. Route cards, tooling and process sheets, in process inspection check sheets etc.
- Prove out new programs on CNC Lathes.
- Providing support and solutions to day to day manufacturing issues.
- Specify, purchase and maintain tool supplies.
- Training and developing staff as required.
Managing and planning jobs.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Have experience within an industry manufacturing precision parts to very tight tolerances on modern CNC Machines - ideally from aerospace or automotive industries.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of CNC programming techniques, CAD / CAM, jig and tool design.
- Have experience with either Fanuc / Siemens controls.
- possess a relevant qualification in Mechanical and / or Production Engineering, however applicants without formal qualifications but who can demonstrate considerable experience in similar roles (precision machining - low volume - high value) may also be considered.
- Ideally come from either an automotive or aerospace background within engineering.
- Self-motivated with the ability to set and achieve realistic goals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workflow.
- Professional and polite at all times to co-workers and customers.
As this is a contract position, payment will be made weekly and as an hourly rate. Hourly rate offered is £22.00-£24.75 PAYE or equivalent LTD / Umbrella rate - typically £26.50 - £30.00 per hour)
Hours of work are 08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday with a 13.00 finish on Fridays covering a total of 36.5 hours per week.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration and interview.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.