Are you a creative engineering manager with an electronics background? Would you relish the opportunity to take the lead in developing the next generation of products? If you are creative, with a passion for engineering problem solving and product development, then this position could be your path to excellent future career progression.
The business is well established and are the original technology pioneers in their industry. The role will allow you to shape the engineering and development function while allowing you to maintain a hand on involvement in product development.
As the engineering manager, you will work closely with the managing director. Your focus will be on leading a multi-disciplined design team motivating and coaching them while taking responsibility for project management for all development projects.
Engineering manager responsibilities will include:
- The leadership of the engineering department, ensuring that projects are delivered on time
- Leading the development of commercially viable products
- Implementing structured project management processes
- Reviewing department structure and making recommendations for change, including the recruitment of new team members
- Training and development of the engineering team
To apply for the engineering manager role, you will need:
- A positive, dynamic, creative and tenacious approach to product development
- Previous experience leading the design and development of electromechanical products
- Proven track record of new development ideas to enhance and improve products
- Significant project management experience
- Ideally a degree or masters level qualification in electronics engineering or related
In return, the engineering manager will receive a competitive salary (dependent on experience) + pension, private healthcare, etc.
If you are a head of engineering, engineering manager, head of design, design manager or development manager who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.