We are looking to hire an excellent Production Engineering Technician to join our Operations team on a permanent basis in Dundee.
In this role you will work closely with the Plant Manager on the development and improvement of manufacturing processes. Among your responsibilities, you will assess and identify where changes can be made, develop the right methodology and support with implementation.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong and stable business, a high technology manufacturing organization and work in a positive atmosphere.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and improvement of manufacturing processes and techniques to optimise process yields, productivity and reliability:
- Identification of areas for development / improvement
- Development of equipment, jigs and tooling
- Sourcing of equipment, jigs and tooling
- Documentation of developments / improvements
- Ownership and co-ordination of qualification of developments / improvements
- Monitoring of implementation, adherence to and effectivity of developments / improvements
- General production support
- Control and maintenance of jigs, fixtures and tooling
- General fabric / facilities improvements
- Adherence to EHS procedures and safe working practices in all activities
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- You have at least HND degree or similar qualification in preferably in mechanical engineering. Other engineering subjects such as electrical engineering is also welcome
- You have some work experience in production engineering
- Excellent data creation and analysis capabilities
- Good working knowledge of standard software packages (Excel etc)
- You have a structured, methodical approach to activities / projects and you can work on own initiative
- You could be successful in this role if you have excellent communication skills (oral and written), you have an eye for detail, furthermore determination and drive to see projects through to completion.
- In this role you should be willing to work flexible hours if required
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.