Stopford have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join the team, at our Head office. You will us on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,000 - £30,000 per annum dependent on experience. You will be based at our Head Office in Ellesmere Port or Manchester (Knutsford) with occasional travel to our office in Lancaster. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us as a Graduate Civil Engineer and work with highly skilled professionals who are constantly striving to deliver excellence and best practice.
Stopford is an international energy and environmental engineering company, our professional services span Consultancy, Technology & Innovation and Project Management. We are an industry leader with a portfolio spanning research and development through to design and commissioning of process technology. With a worldwide clientele in emerging and existing industries. We provide expert consulting to our partners, supporting them in their drive toward a sustainable low carbon economy.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Professional Membership fees
About the role:
Reporting to the Projects Group Lead, Stopford Energy and Environment is looking to recruit a Graduate Civil Engineer to carry out civil engineering duties. These include technical and feasibility studies, detailed drawings, technical reports, working within agreed time scales and budgets so that the needs of the client are fully met, together with the business needs of the company.
Key responsibilities of our Graduate Civil Engineer:
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies
- Undertake site investigations incl. levelling and site coordination
- Collating project data for use within the project team
- Produce general arrangement and detailed drawings using Autocad
- Undertake complex calculations
- Compile project specifications and tendering procedures
- Writing technical reports
- Assessing the sustainability and environment impact of projects
- To working within time frames and within budget
- Develop a full understanding of the latest CDM regulations and compile Designer Risk assessments (DRA’s)
You will be expected to work towards Chartered Membership (CEng) of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) for which Stopford will provide full support.
Our Graduate Civil Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc Hons degree in Civil Engineering (or similar appropriate degree)
- A minimum of 2 years appropriate post graduate experience would be preferable
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills incl. use of word and excel
- A high level of verbal and written communications skills and be able to work within a team
- Ability to work methodically
- Ability to think creatively to develop bespoke solutions
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
With support, variety and opportunities, Stopford Energy and Environment is the ideal place to build your skills and career.
If you would like to join our team as our Graduate Civil Engineer, then why not click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
Please note we do not accept applications from agencies, and you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.