Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Structural Engineer. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Structural Engineer is an integral part of this team delivering structural design solutions across a variety of projects with the ability to deliver unique solutions to complex problems.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Technical lead on projects as and when required.
- Prepare high-quality technical reports including dilapidation reports and due diligence structural surveys
- Carry out designs and calculations for checking and reviewing scheme purposes
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports, calcs etc) is always maintained.
- Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets our objectives
- Review own and others’ work as part of quality assurance
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge
- Use analytical software effectively and interpret the outputs well
- Apply theory to practice and in a logical way
- Highlight potential problems and look for a resolution
- Attending site and carryout surveys and prepare design solutions as necessary.
You will need
- Masters or Bachelor Degrees in Civil / Structural Eng
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE) depending on no. of years experience
- Common forms of construction and building types
- Experience in assessing existing structures essential
- Use of Eurocodes & British Standards is essential
- Experience of structural analysis design and analysis software essential.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank holidays)
- Company Car Allowance
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
10% off One Stop
10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
20% off all F&F purchases
20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
25% off Tesco Café
50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.