A unique opportunity to join a forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Civil, Structural and MEP Engineering Consultancy.
Successful candidate will ideally have an MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering and have demonstrated Civil Engineering experience within a consultancy environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Preferably degree qualified (not essential) with relevant experience in a similar practice.
• A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution would be a preference however not essential
• Responsible directly to the Line Manager for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various small to medium sized projects.
• On larger projects assist the Line Manager in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
• Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
• Delegate to, manage and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
• Responsible for selected technical issues.
• The role requires an Engineer who will be client facing, with the ability to represent the Company externally at a senior level, alongside managing their own workload and the ability to manage a number of projects at any one time.
• Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
• Excellent communications skills are paramount and to be capable of managing design teams both internally and externally.
• As a member of the team you will demonstrate strong team work qualities and be self-motivated.
• Experience of working in all development sectors and in particular the housing sector.
• Experience in using AutoCAD, Site 3D, MicroDrainage and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial, industrial developments and all other sector developments.
• Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
• Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38 and 278 Agreements and Water Authority Sections 102, 104, 106, 116 and 185 Agreements.
• Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.