Role: Graduate Engineer (Industrial Engineer / Process Engineer)
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum + benefits and progression opportunities
Location: Commutable from Frome, Bristol, Chippenham, Westbury, Warminster and surrounding areas
A leader in manufacturing who are investing and growing, with a lot of exciting changes being implemented, are currently on the look-out for a motivated Graduate Engineer (Graduate Industrial Engineer / Graduate Process Engineer) who are looking for a great career move to join the team. Either a fresh Graduate with a degree in Chemical or Electrical OR Mechanical OR Manufacturing OR similar, or someone with degree and experience would both be considered.
The role will be varied, and your focus and attention may change depending on the business needs, but your primary role will be to work on continuous improvement initiatives and projects within the factory. Analyse and investigate problem areas, gather data and report against them. Brain storm and discuss solutions, and work with teams to help implement them and make the process run more smoothly.
- Development of continuous improvement projects from initiation through to delivery.
- Be an advocate of the Lean/CI/PIP ethos and methodologies.
- Help train and coach of teams in Lean tools and techniques.
- Facilitation of improvement into the factory.
- Feasibility studies. Writing SOP.
- Help with equipment installs, documentation and reporting.
- Establish metrics and KPI’s to provide plant with quantifiable gauges of results and impact of lean activities.
- Prepare and keep up to date a Lean/CI/PIP Handbook/Manual.
- Stay up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques.
- Build internal relationships across all departments.
- Be prepared to lead a number of projects involving hands-on interaction, good problem solving techniques, generating enthusiasm and supporting the teams.
- Minimum degree qualified in a relevant discipline – Must be Engineering, such as Mechanical or Electrical or Manufacturing or Chemical
- Someone with experience in Manufacturing or Industrial would be highly desirable OR a genuine interest in pursuing a career in this field.
- Any experience or skills in the following would be highly desirable; continuous improvement, lean manufacturing / lean tools and techniques (5S, OEE, Problem Solving, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc), project management, process improvement and data analysis
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.