Lodestone Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a construction firm based in Birkenhead, who are currently looking for a Structural Engineer.
You will be providing specialist engineering support to determine that designs meet our criteria and periodic reviews of construction in progress to ensure compliance with best practice.
Please be aware this is a home-based role which involves UK travel. You can be based anywhere in the UK to apply.
To be considered for this Structural Engineer role you will ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Engineer (CEng. MIStructE, or similar) and minimum degree (BEng/BSc/Meng) in Geotechnical / Civil / Structural or related discipline.
- Have technical expertise in geotechnical engineering with a demonstrable understanding of the underlying principles.
- Experience of undertaking assessments of Structural designs for a wide range of building types, with focus on foundation design. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations.
- In depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations, Eurocode, British Standards, and other relevant construction standards.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, Technical Manual, Codes of Practice.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Full driving licence and access to a car for business use
- Technically and commercially capable as well as a good communicator.
In return, the company offers the following salary and package:
Salary: £45000 - £58000 DOE.
Benefits: Comprehensive package includes company pension, private medical, professional subscriptions paid, 3 x salary life assurance, employee assistance programme, enhanced maternity/paternity, 25 days hol + bank hols + extra half days at Christmas & New Year.
To apply for this Structural Engineer vacancy and for immediate consideration, please click 'apply now' or contact Lodestone directly on (phone number removed). Alternatively, to discuss the role in more detail, please contact us for a confidential conversation.
Lodestone Recruitment Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.