At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important - look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It is a big challenge – and therefore we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships, and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians and one that we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges and how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We are seeking skilled 3D/BIM Modellers to join our Water & Utilities team based in London. Our portfolio covers small to large-scale, complex, and multidisciplinary civil engineering projects both in UK and overseas.
We are working closely with some of the UK’s most established and recognizable companies including Southern Water, South West Water, Wessex Water, Thames Water, Welsh Water, and our D&B Contractor clients. You will be involved in a wide range of projects that are diverse and technically demanding.
Reporting to the Design Lead/Manager or BIM/CAD Lead, you will assist and lead in the successful delivery of 3D and 2D graphical information relating to major civil engineering water projects from concept to construction. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing and ensuring the production of project deliverables that are accurate, clear and concise and compliant with best practice and any other standards dictated by the nature of the project
• Working as a BIM coordinate as/when required to ensure BIM information meets the client’s requirements/specifications and is suitably coordinate across disciplines/elements of the project.
• Assisting in the resolution of complex technical modelling and drafting issues
• Working to make sure that the modelling and drafting component of the project comes within budget and deadline
• Mentoring other members in the team in their development
• Document management, including MIDP, deliverables registers, etc.
• Proven experience in civil engineering projects for the water industry particularly in the design of major civil upgrades to Water/Sewage Treatment Works.
• HNC in Civil Engineering or related field, but not essential
• Expert user of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Revit, and other Autodesk packages
• Extensive 3D CAD/BIM modelling experience within the water industry particularly in the design of major civil engineering upgrades to Water/Sewage Treatment Works
• Demonstrable experience working as a BIM coordinator
• Team player, strong communicator, self-starter, organized, driven to deliver
• Able to prioritize workload and deliver to tight deadline
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.