Our client, a leading engineering and manufacturing company based on the outskirts of Norwich are currently seeking a CNC Workshop Manager to manage the daily activities of their highly skilled machinists and state of the art Machine Shop.
The duties will include:
· Lead, motivate and develop a team of machinists
· Plan and prioritise the daily machine shop operations
· Identify key areas for improvement within the machine shop to improve the efficiency and quality of items produced.
· Contribute in production and management meetings to develop the machine shop and its production capabilities.
· Provide regular feedback to employees, carry out performance reviews and ensure all training and skills are up to date.
· Calculate accurate costings and times for jobs along with any associated tooling costs.
· Monitor production quality and standards
· Manage shop floor consumable stock and introduce new and improved stock control processes
· Positively and proactively tackle engineering and manufacturing challenges.
· Develop the capability and capacity of the machine shop to keep them at the forefront of cutting technologies.
· Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety and PPE requirements
· Familiar with Heidenhain CNC controls along with TNC remo.
The desired candidate will have leadership experience in a similar manufacturing environment role. They will have sound knowledge of 5 axis milling machine tolls and their capabilities, must be PC literate with the ability to follow documented procedures and experience using CAD/CAM modelling software.
You will have the ability to organise and prioritise along with being able to work to tight deadlines.
For further details please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Lt
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.