As part of the strategic growth plans and the recent project awards, we are seeking to recruit a Principal Electrical Building Services Engineer with a proven track record in the control and delivery of a wide range of building services projects to be based in our London or Croydon office.
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
Within the UK the Rail engineering sector is one of Arcadis growing markets. Our UK Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works.
We have an enviable reputation and track record in the delivery of some of the UK’s most prestigious and challenging infrastructure and building projects. We work on behalf of Transport for London, Local Authorities, Government agencies, Major Contractors and Developers, etc. throughout the UK to deliver design services from inception through to the project completion.
Reporting to the Associate Technical Director, you will be responsible for developing the technical solutions for assigned projects ensuring successful delivery. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will have an opportunity to gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects e.g. rail, education, residential, commercial, which will enhance your design skills and technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of projects to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and give you the best possible chance of success.
- Undertake electrical building services design on UK and international projects with a good understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant standards
- Undertake technical tasks in accordance with the company’s quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Preparation of calculations, technical reports, specifications and drawings
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments including LV distribution, cable management system, energy metering, lighting and control, earthing and bonding, sustainable technologies and renewable energy systems, etc
- Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential clients
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of Projects to time, to the required quality and budget
- Maintain good relationships with client’s key representatives, and contribute to the marketing / networking of the company to potential customers
- Contribute to the overall team development and growth through strategic inputs, skill development and mentoring intermediate and graduate engineers
- Manage and plan your work and deliverables while working on multiple projects to meet the expected delivery milestones
To be considered for a role, we are seeking candidates with calibre who possess the following credentials:
- Proven electrical building services engineering design experience in design consultancy environment
- Be a competent user of office IT and design software tools i.e. AMTECH, Dialux, etc and working knowledge of AutoCAD / REVIT
- Experience in integration of renewable energy sources within the building LV distribution system
- Good working knowledge of legislation, British Standards, European standards and international standards
- Capable of planning work and deliverables while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Good report and specification writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be willing to be mobile, travel within the UK and abroad for project related work when required
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.