HIGHWAYS & INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
We are currently recruiting for a Highways & Infrastructure Engineer to a firm of Chartered Consulting Engineers in Leeds to deal with an increase in workload and assist in the further development and growth of the team. As the new Highways Engineer, you will be working with the Highways Design team working on projects across the UK.
The post is within the civil engineering design team which is responsible for the design of highway and drainage schemes for commercial, industrial and residential developments.
The suitable candidate will possess:
- A recognised degree, or other academic qualification (certificate/diploma) in engineering along with an additional period of experience
- UK experience in highways design and project management
- UK experience in road (Section 38 & 278) and drainage (Section 104) design is required and a working knowledge of MicroDrainage, PDS and AutoCAD would be an advantage. As well as knowledge of SuDS.
- Minimum 2 years' consultancy or local authority experience
- A desire to progress their career by gaining a professional qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards
- Excellent time and management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to continued professional development
- A full UK Driving Licence
The candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
In return we offer a competitive salary package, free on-site parking, company pension, health scheme, other company benefits, and opportunities to engage with a professional, ambitious team.
Applicants must be motivated and enthusiastic showing a willingness to learn and grow within the company.
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on (url removed) or call (phone number removed). We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to (url removed). This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.