We have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team at the University of London.
This is a static role, carrying out reactive and PPM tasks around the University Campus. Working in a team of around 20 engineers and reporting to the M&E Manager.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with relevant qualifications. You will be ideally Mechanically biased with commercial plumbing experience.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and ambitious individual that is willing to work as part of a small team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the highest standards and Salisbury competencies are delivered and demonstrated.
- Deliver Portfolio M&E PPM and minor works
- Ensure the Client, Customer and Team are ‘kept in the loop’ through feedback and regular updates
- Contribute to the delivery of a quality service, aiming for 100% satisfaction of the Customer
- Provide technical support, advice and guidance to the Customer and Team
- Ensure best value for money to the Client by ensuring accuracy within the Team by checking resource and materials are suitable to effectively deliver the service
- Report on performance to your Area Manager
- Ensure safe delivery of all Salisbury works, including those of our service partners
- Produce details of time and materials required for any minor works for quoting purposes.
- Liaise with Account Support, Supervisors, Managers, and Sub-Contractors to deliver work to the highest standard within SLA, as required.
- Build and foster relationships with the Client, Customer, other Salisbury colleagues
- Ensure Maximo system is constantly updated via your issued tablet and that all time is accounted for on the generated timesheet.
- Take ownership of the sites delivering exceptional service to the customer.
- Cover all call out responsibilities out of hours when rostered.
Minimum Qualifications, Certifications and Training required
- GCSE in English and Maths or Equivalent.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent building services qualification
- L8 Trained and competent
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience for this role
- 1 years’ experience in customer facing outsourcing environment.
- Strong, demonstrable competencies of dealing with building services plant.
- Knowledge and experience operating and adjusting Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Knowledge and experience of working on HVAC systems
- 2 years previous experience within similar environment and in particular across area multi sites and multi discipline service delivery
- Background in mobile engineering/property maintenance (Desirable)
- Experience of working with asset/work management systems such as MAXIMO / CAFM systems on smartphones.
- Ability to manage priorities in line with business needs
Please note, you will be required to complete a Video Assessment to be considered for the role.
Salisbury Group — your national local service provider — is a leading facilities management (FM) and maintenance services company.
We deliver high quality services for some of the UK's most important organisations and iconic businesses. We are present right across the UK at more than 1,000 sites and over 11 million square feet of premises.
Our services include engineering maintenance, security, cleaning, compliance, reception and concierge, energy solutions and more. We build partnerships with our clients and continuously look for added value and innovations that have a positive and sustainable impact.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.